SoundMax sound problems with Asus a7v400-mx and ATI Radeon x700 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brettonius

I cant get any sound on my computer. I hear an audible click througheither the frontboard or rear connectors when headphones are plugged in, but the sound wont come through. I have the newest bios, video drivers and the soundmax drivers. All of which install fine, but still provide no sound. I've installed via the autorun, straight from the cd, and from the system drivers folder. My computer is running windows 2000 with service pack 4.

Any help?

we need to know a few more details....
how is your audio setup? eg: 3.5mm jacks/coaxal/optical etc connected to logitech/stereo/etc?
has it worked before/recent changes?

brand new board, never had audio through it. Works off standard microphone, line out, and stero jacks

Im using the standard stero jacks, the line out (i believe, the green and/or blue ones) provide no audible click when i plug the speakers in. The jacks are at least getting power though, which means i doubt the board is faulty

I was just wondering if the ATI wonder had any conflicts with soundmax since it comes with its own media player.

Also, since its a soundmax device, are there any other drivers i might be able to use?

Anything else you need, lemmie know

Ati wonder should have no problem with it.. and even if they were it would purely be related to the software side of things.
ok.. maybe obvious questions here so bear with me again...
1. your speakers. do they need power to run? ie battries/AC mains etc
2. try your speakers on another computer or your cdplayer/ipod (whatever's closest on hand) and see how it goes..
3. if you;re using the original soundcard's porgram to controll it and it has auto-jack sensing then run it and see what it picks up when your speakers pluged in or your headphones.. green is the usual one altho autojack sense feature can change things
4.. drivers usualy can be found (best place) at the manufacturs' website...

1. Headphones/speakers run perfectly and do not need batteries.

2. Motherboard has built-in sound, and soundmax has no additional controllers or autoack sensing, and no additional sound options.

I've done some other searches for information that could lead to an answer to this problem, but it seems as though both Asus and google have failed me. Anyone who could help would be greatly appreciated.

i thought i readf somewhere that you can re-assign the audio ports for your line-in out and mic, so that one can act as the other. Any ideas on how to do this so that i can try a differnt connector? I dont think thats the problem, but we can see.

Any other ideas, lemmie know

that would be through teh program that came with your audio drivers eg. on my pc its called c-media audio, or in control panel it would be CMI audio config, although this one doesnt support jack sensing or jack assigning.. on audigy/x-fi it would be the creative audio software or similar..

i have a sneaky suspicion that your plug isn't going in properly to the green jack.. maybe stick with the rear connection because we can be assured that it is connected properly (if it is next to all the other onboard plugs) or if it uses up a pci slot check that the cables running from it is secured and correct on the mobo..
a click doesnt help when trying to troubleshoot sound related stuff.. you need something constant.. just run some music/mp3 on your comp, check through control panel>sound and audio devices and see that you have chosen the right driver/soundcard then just wiggle it around or push it in.. worth a try :)

1. Headphones/speakers run perfectly and do not need batteries.
clarify please: are you trying to get sound out of headphones or desktop/stereo speakers? have you tried other speakers on the pc?

done and done, still no solution.

When i pull the plug in and out a get a few clicks, but i believe that these are just the standard "yes i have power" clicks as with any speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back