Source engine restarts my comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erhum... "I Supose" my comp can handle the source engine ...i mean at least in the minimuns.
When i try to run those games (H2 , CS:S etc..) , when the "preparing to launch "xxx" game" appears , and when the game should launch, the computer restarts.

My specs are ;
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
1GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 6200SE TurboCache(TM)
132gb free disk space

also have the directX 9.0c

any sollutions? or the game just doenst run ... -_-"

possibly needed info :
i keep my processes tab pretty clean , so my memory doenst screw up
i SUPOSE i have the latests drivers
not steam problem , i can run cs 1.6 and other stuff

That system should be able to run Source engine games without any issues.

As it's restarting the computer on-launch, I'd check the usual culprits:
a) Power supply- a weak or under rated PSU can cause the behavior you are describing. Pop the case and inspect the wattage/amperage of your PSU.
b) HEAT- make sure your system has proper case cooling. You can probably find a temp monitor program for your PC at your mainboard website or try a 3rd party tool like Speedfan.
c) Drivers- both chipset drivers for your motherboard and nvidia forceware drivers (latest) should be re-installed. Be sure to uninstall any previous video drivers in the Control Panel, Add or Remove Software before installing new ones. Driver Cleaner Pro also is a nice tool and you can find the freebie version by doing a google/websearch.
d) Soundcard drivers. Whether it be integrated sound on your motherboard or a PCI soundcard, you should update these as well.
e) Reinstall DirectX 9.0c from Microsoft's website.

Good luck!

My specs are ;
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
1GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 6200SE TurboCache(TM)
132gb free disk space

Actualy, My old computer had worse stuff ( The Videocard was a PCI 6200, but I OCed it abit ;) ) and only 512mb of RAM. The game put my settings to High ( except for Character models being medium )

Do what Sharkfood said and it'll run ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back