Source Engine - worth the effort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steg

All this controversy over the source engine.....all the hype over HL2s gameplay - i CANT wait 2 play HL2 - but if there are going to be SO many problems with it on nvidia hardware then it can just sod it - ill wait for doom3
if i didnt no better i would say the source engine is fixed
-no nvidia AA
-crap nvidia performance?
why should all us nvidia loyalists bother? Valve should either fix there buggered engine - or expects LOTS of stick from nvidia customers

Steg

Are you trolling or just started as a nVidia fan?
Such post are provoking and cause a lot of grief, I mean if I made a reply like this:

How about giving stick to nVidia instead? I mean ATI got their cards working pretty good? :p

(and let the flames begin..)

Some games still seem to be stuck in the past. I remember very well when Tomb Raider came out in '97, it had 3D versions for 3dfx Voodoo, 3dfx Voodoo Rush, Rendition Verite, Matrox Mystique, PowerVR, S3 Virge and ATi Rage Pro.

Now what are OpenGL and Direct3D if not compatibility layers between games and operating systems? If graphics card companies would write their drivers properly and if these compatibility layers would have common acceleration functions instead of something like ATI OpenGL Extension Support, wouldn't developing games be easier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back