South Africa

I have never been, but would do anything to visit. I studied in college with Desmond Tutu and he left quite an impression on me. I'm sure the juxtaposition of S600's with flame throwers or leg-lopping scissor security driving near Soweto is quite surreal. I know many men who believe it is paradise... of course they are white as the driven snow, rich beyond imagination, and mostly nihilists, driven to insanity long ago by the pressures of endless spare time. Jolly folks, all.

I long to see it.

Sorry, I studied in the US with Tutu; he taught a semester long class in Jacksonville. Only a wise Anglican God knows how much they paid him. I'm still quite young, lol! The aforementioned rich folks are just some of the more bizarre clients I deal with, or friends' fathers; one wears Serengeti sunglasses in the dark while sipping on expensive scotch, with rooms dedicated solely to piling up all of the heads of dead animals he has sacked (sometimes illegally or inadvertently) in Africa. There are few characters as tragic (yet charming and entertaining, in a Hunter S. Thompson sort of way) as physically challenged, mentally divergent, eccentric safari-types, suffering from the ill-effects of hubris tempered with old age, dreaming of capping another zebra or wildebeest.

LOL I'm so dramatic.

And how's that to do with South Africa again?

By the way why is it that eBay spams usually come from South Africa ?(in my and eBay's opinion)
Most people find it very strange (and annoying), that in broken English they always say please send credit card details so I can pay you? (or someting like that)

Obviously the eBay add has to be re-done, and start over again. Please tell them that everyone's now worked this spam out. Seeming we hear about it every 5 mins!

I think those stupid emails come from South Africa too. I'm not racict just perplexed by this ongoing annoying stupidity. It never seems to end.

I'm trying to quietly turn it around to computer talk, without anyone knowing. :)
And now you've spoiled it. :/
Everyone's now going to talk about landscape, bungy jumping, and lack of wild animals !

South Africa is beautiful at the moment. Hot warm sunny day filled with light until the sun goes down and our local power supply company Eskom(supply power to the entire country) turns it off. We are having major power issues in S.A.

Its not fun without power, you cant do a damn thing!!!!!!!

Make sure you send Duracell!!!

HAHAAH

One good thing though is : I am learning a lot about solar panelling

I think the joke was that Duracell have a big office in South Africa already

Edit:
Actually power monkey looks good, and it charges up from your computer too

Oh really? well i never traveled to that part of the world yet. If i do i am sure to make ask around. By the way whats are you doing over there again?

Went there in 1999 and 2001. Both times rented a car and toured around. Yea, I am used to driving on the right. There I had a stick shift driving on the left. Thank God the gas pedal was under my right foot.
Started in Cape Town, stayed in Gordons Bay for a while, then worked my way up the Garden Route. Stayed in Knysna and took the steam train to George and back. Port Elizabeth for a safari inland. Met up with the bushmen in the Karoo. A flight to Johannesburg, where I took side trips to Pretoria and Swaziland. Then someone told me about a bush pilot opening just across the border in to Botswana. Went to check that out, but quickly found out why they were short on pilots.
Al in all, met a lot of very nice people in a country with many problems. Most informative was the week I spent with an Anthropologist. Wow, such insight. They have millions of people who are unskilled and illiterate and no money to train them. I could go on and on about this beautiful country, but space is limited.

Back