1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles

By Humza · 7 replies
Jul 18, 2019
Post New Reply
  1. As gaming consoles go, the Nintendo Switch provides a one of a kind experience, especially during travel when there's plenty of time to spare. The console maker echoed the same sentiment among a plane full of people when a flight from Dallas to San Diego, home to Comic-Con International, received the portable gaming console for free.

One of the event's hosts took to Twitter, among other overjoyed people on social media, to share their excitement of the sudden surprise.

"The Perfect Travel Companion!" said the gift packaging with a note: "Please enjoy a Nintendo Switch System and Super Mario Maker 2 game, compliments of Nintendo and Southwest."

The game maker will be present at Comic-Con International: San Diego taking place over July 18-21 with a few playable titles including The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3 and the aforementioned Super Mario Maker 2.

Permalink to story.

2. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 2,219   +1,657

Man, all the times I flied with Southwest and all I got was a small bag of snacks and a drink. XD

Humza, Andromadus, Indigo5 and 5 others like this.
  3. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 5,539   +3,917

You got snacks AND a drink? Man, I was ripped off again!

stewi0001 and killmess like this.
  4. Soulburn74

Soulburn74 TS Enthusiast Posts: 50   +20

SWA/Nintendo for the win!

5. ForgottenLegion

ForgottenLegion TS Guru Posts: 423   +423

I see the marketing worked wonders on you XD

Andromadus likes this.
  6. Soulburn74

Soulburn74 TS Enthusiast Posts: 50   +20

I fly SWA regularly, and use as Switch regularly as well :laughing: United and American do a fine job of distinguishing themselves as the worst american carriers..... All SWA has to do is stay in the air and not beat people up, and they are already better :joy:

7. urbanman2004

urbanman2004 TS Booster Posts: 118   +35

Life is so unfair, lol ;)

8. Andromadus

Andromadus TS Rookie Posts: 22   +14

OMG!!! I just missed my flight...

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...