Soyo P4X400 Dragon Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

I've got a system crash problem, no matter what I've tried it has done nothing but failed. I've tried uninstalling the game, reformatting, re-flashing my BIOS. If it came to mind I've tried it. I hope someone in here can help, or at least has the same problem so I know I'm not the only one experiancing the same issue.

Ok, heres the problem, the game in question is Rainbow six 3 Raven Shield. Problem is each time I play the game, it reboots the entire system. I've submited error report after error report, windows error system recommends I download the latest version of the BIOS. When I go to the Soyo site and check the BIOS version, I have the current installed version of the BIOS. When I checked the Award Bios site they said they have a "updated" version of the BIOS and I can get it for 60$ Personally, I don't feel that I should have to pay anyone to get the current BIOS for my system. In all actuallity, it might not even be the BIOS, reason why I'm positng here. Hopefuly someone here knows this problem and can help me fix it without haiving to dish out some cash in the process.

Heres the system specs.

P4X400 Soyo Dragon Ultra Platinum
3.06 ghz Intel Processor
2x Kingston PCI 2100 Ram 512
2x 120gig Western Digital HD
ATI 9600 Pro 128MB [Driver: Omega Driver 2.6.42]
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum [Driver: 5.12.31.1100]

BIOS version upgrade from Soyo USA P4v22aa7 (latest driver on the site)

Any help would be greatly appreciative.
Thanks in advance.

Only game that does this yes, I've been reading up on the community forums for the game. Some have had their monitors fry because of a similar problem. I've noticed that my monitor flickers constantly, and from what the forums indicated is a continual loop on resolution changes. From what was said on the boards is that it's about the on-the-fly resolution change. It also started happening when the 1.6 patch came out. But I don't see how this problem could attribute to a system crash.

Other options I have found in my endless search for a fix are as follows.

I've tried to change the boot.ini in the C:\ drive to Execute instead on NoExecute under the operating system configuration, also change the user.ini within the game to stop the resolution change. To see if this would stop the continual flickering and eventual crash of my system, and yet the problem still exists. All this I changed yesterday, so ultimatly I'm out of options to try. Other than a.) getting a new monitor, b.) getting a new video card, c.) dish out the money for a BIOS upgrade which I don't think is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back