Spam Toolbar disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Norton Internet Security 2004 Professional and Outlook 2003. Today the antispam toolbar is gone from Outlook. I didn't change any settings in Norton or Outlook. How can I get the toolbar back on?

I did - and would not have written here if I'd found the answer in either the manual or online at the Symantec website.

Spam Toolbar disappeared & has now reappeared

The toolbar is back - sometime within the last hour - it is once again one of the available Outlook toolbars. I hope it had a fun day wherever it was...

having same problem with disappearing-norton anti-spam toolbar

morning, all.

so far, i like norton anti-spam, other than i can't switch between dial-up live update (at home) and broadband live update (at work). just my opinion, up front.

HOWEVER, here's my problem: 2 days ago, my anti-spam toolbar disappeared, too. i found instructions on how to add it to the windows explorer toolbar and internet explorer, both unhelpful. has anyone found out how to re-add it? how many folks have had it disappear? how many have had it reappear? did folks reinstall norton? has anyone contacted norton about it (mine is past the "free-service" date so i didn't want to waste the money). for me the toolbar was handy, because it would also contact my hotmail account to control spam there, too. suggestions?

greenly,
spotted blue

fixed it!

i went to symantec.com, typed in "anti-spam toolbar outlook" in the home/office option, and it showed me a post that it may be due to a disable outlook plug-in. open outlook, go to Help, About Outlook, select "disabled plug-ins" and there it was "norton", along with the message that "these plug-ins were disabled because they kept outlook from functioning properly". i re-enabled it, restarted outlook, and there it was.

after that, i remembered that i had had outlook crash a couple days ago, and it had restarted (that day) in safe mode.

all done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back