Speaker problems...i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my name is Tom, I just moved my comp. accross the room and hook eveything back up, everything is correctly hook up...but the thing is that my speakers dont work i tryed play a song on windows media player and this poped up:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly."

then i tried useing the creative volume control and this poped up:

"the audio device supported by this application is not detected. The application will be exited"

i also tried my volume control and it said that there was no active mixer availiable please i really need help please respond asap
-thanks

Hi Tom,
open up your case and check that all the boards are plugged in snugly. Check all the cables too. You must have kicked the computer across the room :)

right click my computer then properties then hardware and then device manager.... look if your missing the sound driver which will have a yellow sign by it if so... go on www.realtek.com.tw and download the ac97 audio codecs under downloads at the top

Hi Jase123.

thunil101 said:
then i tried useing the creative volume control

What use is there in downloading an AC97 codec for a Creative sound card?

I know you`re only trying to help and believe me, we appreciate it. However, it might help if you read the original post properly before replying. ;)

Regards Howard :)

Yes Howard,
Tom just moved his working computer across the room... He might have left a cable connected. By accident this cable (sound) pulled on the audio jack and dislodged the card. I hope the card or motherboard is not damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back