Speaker recommendations, please chaps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

josbd

I have the Audigy2 Platinum EX, and am at present running some old Creative 2.1 Inspires. This does sound pretty good, but I would like to upgrade. I am only interested in listening to music, and not at all interested in gaming etc. Therefore I would say 2.1 is absolutely fine.

I have a decent hi-fi system: Linn, Arcam, Mission etc, and whilst I know I cannot get that kinda sound from a pc system, it would be great to find something that doesn't "jar".

Any suggestions would be, as usual, very gratefully received! :D

since you're only interested in music, why not hook the audio output into your hi-fi's input? if you don't want to run wires you can buy wireless adapters for playing music as well.

I have mine hooked up to my cheap Logitech 2.1 and my 5.1 home theatre system. for me it's the best of both worlds.

Just a suggestion :)

UPSIDE - it's one of the coolest speaker systems I have ever seen :)

DOWNSIDE - It carries a hefty price tag with it :(

Heheheh!!

Thanks chaps!

tbh I dont want to hook it up to the hi fi simply because I would like to use this on it's own, you know?

no... i don't know.. (hehe :D)

personally I don't know why you would rather listen to music from PC speakers instead of your hi-fi system, but that's just me.

anyways.. good luck with whatever you end up buying :)

I will tell you why, King Cody:

Hifi in lounge
PC in bedroom

If I run up the pc to the hi fi in lounge, neighbours will complain, big time, esp at night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back