Speakers Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

drivininthevolv

I just finished building my first computer, and I have a question. I went to plug in my speakers, Zylux Speakers with Subwoofer, manufactured through Dell, and they wont work. The computer isnt recognizing the speakers, and I cant hear any sound at all. Is there something I must do to enable audio. All volume is up to the max, and I do have a sound card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!!!

First off, do you have a pair of headphones that you can try?
Have you installed the sound driver?

Knowing your pc specs and what windows version its using would make diagnosis a fair bit easier for us!!

perhaps you should check to see if your mobo has onboard sound. then check to see if you have installed drivers for sound intended for your mobo and sound system

drivininthevolv said:
I just finished building my first computer, and I have a question. I went to plug in my speakers, Zylux Speakers with Subwoofer, manufactured through Dell, and they wont work. The computer isnt recognizing the speakers, and I cant hear any sound at all. Is there something I must do to enable audio. All volume is up to the max, and I do have a sound card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!!!
There might be the fact that if ur mobo has onboard audio, its enabled and being used for output. U will have to disable thru Device Manager. Or it might be that u have put the speakers into the onboard's input rather than the sound card's.

P.S. - There is no way windows "recognizes" speakers.

I have deleted your new thread on this subject.

This thread is now bumped back to the the top of the forum again.

You should continue to post in this thread, until your sound problem is solved.

Regards Howard :)

Uninstall the sound device anyway and reinstall with the exe. file that I linked to, or use your own drivers if you have them.

If it's onboard audio make sure that it is enabled in the bios. GO into Control Panel then sound and make sure your sound card is listed as the device and that the output sound is not muted.

It is listed as the device and the output sound isnt muted. I went into the bios and under sound it said auto or disable, so its on auto. what now?

Now plug in the speakers and you should have sound. If not then your onboard audio controller could be boinked...Yes Boinked.. If nothing else works try a PCI Audio card...

thanks, im thinking about getting a Sound Blaster audigy se sound card. is this a good one? thanks for all your help, i really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back