Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have CA-4100 desktop speakers. My speakers sound was working when I was running Microsoft Me. When I upgraded to Mircosoft Home XP, my speakers started not work correctly. Does anyone have any advise how I can fix this problem?

do they work at all, or is there absolutly no sound?

If there is just no sound, check to see if your sound card is installed in sounds and audio devices in control panel, if it isn't, it will say that "there are no audio devices installed"

I upgraded to Mircosoft Home XP
You will also need to update your Sound Drivers to Xp

Go to your computers manufactures support web site
(or motherboards if generic case; or Sound card manufacture if it's a pluggin internal PCI card)

Download the updated drivers for Windows Xp

You can also supply your system specs here too, and we'll locate the drivers for you
System Specs
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/3100-system-spec.html

if you have updated your sound driver,open your sound manager & check everything else on the settings that corresponds to your speaker channel
(4.1 if am not mistaken).

then try the speaker test if all of your speakers are firing up
(front,rear,sub).

check your input/output connections (mini jack,RCA from pc to speakers), make sure they're all plugged properly & no loose connections into the sockets.

if you have a motorized equipment running around,then try plugging your speaker (amp) to another A/C wall socket.

you can try your speakers to another pc or try borrowing a speaker to test & see if either you have a bad sound card or your speaker's built-in power amp is causing the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back