Speed up internet downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave H

Hya everyone, is there a programme that I can get that can help speed up my downloads on broadband. Thats without having to go out and spend loads of money. I dont know if you need more information about my system but please ask if need be. I am using Windows xp

Thanks
Dave H

Oops just had a read through this forum I suppose I will go for Download accelerator. Unless someone can think of anything better.

most of that stuff does not work
tweak the reg yourself go to dslreports.com they have step by step

TCIP optimizer. It's here as a download in TS.

Other than that there is no real program to speed up broadband. TCIP editor maximizes what you got.

Most other programs are sheer bunk.

I struggled for a while with why my internet was 256k and I could only download stuff at 32k. Then someone told me the internet was 256kbits and the downloads ran at 32kbytes.

I recommend Free Download Manager (www.freedownloadmanager.org. It splits downloads up into "sections" which can increase the speed of your download (at the expense of everyone else's, but they don't know :D) by connecting to the download server several times, and each connection runs at the speed of your average download with, say, the IE7 download manager.

There are limits, though. Some servers require a username and password to download stuff, and FDM's amazing powers don't work.

I´m using Onspeed "military-grade compression software" which compresses the data before download - have a look at the reviews in Google. It cost me €39.99, and I´m very impressed so far (my connection is only 56kB GPRS, and it´s improved the speeds dramatically for me!). There are different packages for dial-up, broadband, mobile. Worth a look?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back