Spiderman

TS | Thomas

Managed to catch a advanced screening of it earlier on, damn what a great film :) I can't believe freddie prinze junior was in the running for the role, uggh.
The "thanksgiving" scene was excellent, similarly any scene with J Jonah Jameson. Effects were pretty good, some bits looked a bit wierd towards the start & slow motion type effects were perhaps a bit over-used too though.

I was fairly pleased with the movie. It truly was a good comic to film movie. They managed to cram a lot of background information into the 2 hour film, which I think made it sufficient for people who are not comic fans to appreciate.

For Spider-purists, the roles of each character were played very well. They did manage to change the story bit, but it much better suits the movie. Changes such as making the "radioactive spider" that bit spiderman a genetically engineered spider made the movie a little more "realistic".. I use that term very loosely though. ;)

They also kept it open for a sequel at the end, which from what I've heard, they are planning two more.

I was very pleased with the outcome, this is something I don't say too often with movies lately, especialy one made from a childhood hero of mine.

I agree that the small changes were somewhat more fitting.

I'm always somewhat afraid of sequels to good movies but if they stick to the stories and not change any more than they did in this one, they will probably be equally as good.

I haven't heard much about the sequels but I hope to see Carnage used. That was a great story but I'm not sure they could fit it all into one movie.

Given the ending of this one, I think the next one will probably deal with the Green Goblin again. In the comic, I believe the Green Goblin's son takes the role of the Green Goblin to get revenge on Spiderman.

I've heard Carnage being a strong possiblity. I remember reading somewhere that they were looking for possible actors to play the part of Carnage.

Spiderman ROCKED

The only problem I thought was the effects were kinda crappy. I think the way they made him jump to different buildings looked gay. And, some of the fight scenes where he was jumping backwards and stuff looked stupid.

Other than that, it was one of the best movies I've ever seen, terrific story line.

Back