Spy.win32 @

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidthesailor

I was alerted to a severe attack and the IE home page has been hijacked by an advert for anti Spyware/Anti Virus products. I then got the new icons on the screen as described by others. Following a google search I hit the Tech Spot site and found Howards tips and process for the removal of Trojans and the ilk.at https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic30213.html
I have followed the instructions and cleared some Zlob trojans detected by Bitdefender but all else seems to be clear.

Have followed the instructions to the letter (I am a novice so tech speak means nothing).

I ran Kaspersky, Bit Defender, Macafee, and AVG anti virus and Anti spyware. Rebooted and stil get the notifications on the system bar and the capture of the IE home page. the results of the scans are in the attachments.
Two Questions - Is the PC realy infected or is this an advertising scam from 'VirusBuster' and if so how do I clean it out and/or get rid of the IE problem.

Hope you can help this has taken all day so far.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your thread to the correct forum.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of davidthesailor only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

The challenge to beat the Spyware.

Howard,
Thank you as a new commer I do not understand where all the threads are and I thought I had to start a new one, Can you tell me where the thread is please.
In the meanwhile I will follow instructions again.

Alarmingly another site suggested Hijackthis as a possible tool, when I try to link to these sites I get a redirection to a page not available it is being blocked by adware/spyware on your PC - then the usual @click Here for 'System Doctor @ , clearly another advertisment for AS software.

I will follow the instructions and let you see the results. Thanks for your interest.

Because I have moved your thread to the correct forum(the security and the web forum), you should continue to post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of davidthesailor only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Howard,
I am now on the case and as it seems quite complicated and a lengthy process I am going to have to wait until I can give it my full attention. I have AVG anti virus and anti spyware and they are up to date, HJT downloaded as is Spybot - but had similar problems initially with the sites being blocked.
After 8 hours on this today I do not want to make a mistake. As I will be working Sunday through Friday I will leave this until later in the week. Pleas be assured I am really grareful for your reply and that the delay in taking action is because I want to do it in one session to avoid mistakes. I will let you know as soon as I have completed things.
Thank you
David

That`s not a problem and seems sensible to me.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back