Spyra's new digital water blaster improves on the original in nearly every way

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Why it matters: In 2018, we profiled a Kickstarter campaign from a company called Spyra. Their goal was quite simple: to create a battery-powered water blaster that eliminates pain points associated with dinky squirt guns. Nearly 2,800 people backed the project, making the Spyra One a reality. Now it’s time for round two.

The new Spyra Two improves on the original in nearly every way. According to the manufacturer, it features a new design with an improved digital display (ammo counter), boasts a higher rate of fire, shoots further (up to 46 feet when fired at a 45-degree angle or closer to 30 feet when fired head-on) and has twice the battery life compared to the original, meaning you can expect around 2,000 shots per charge.

To refill, simply dip the gun in a water source like a large bucket or a pool. The refill time has been cut down from 14 seconds to 12 seconds, we’re told, no doubt due to it having a slightly smaller tank than before.

Pre-orders have already sold out, but Spyra says the next batch of blasters will start shipping in early July. It won’t come cheap, either, at $159. Whether or not that’s worth being the coolest kid at the next pool party, beach outing or impromptu water fight is up to you. Personally, at that price, I might have to revisit the classic Super Soaker 50.

Permalink to story.

This is why I avoid kickstarter companies. Sure, maybe the guys who produce this may be willing to spend $160USD on a glorified squirt gun, but I can't think of any time in my life when I would. :laughing: The fact that what they've made is so expensive should have been a red flag for them because I don't think that they'll sell enough of them to remain in business at that price.

I think that I'll continue saving up to buy a Sea-Doo.

Last edited:
I wish he had fired it. Without that the presentation comes up short. I watched a video of some guy shooting his wife/gf in the butt with something like this. She got MAD. The plastic body does not look sturdy

This is why I avoid kickstarter companies. Sure, maybe the guys who produce this may be willing to spend $160USD on a glorified squirt gun, but I can't think of any time in my life when I would. :laughing: The fact that what they've made is so expensive should have been a red flag for them because I don't think that they'll sell enough of them to remain in business at that price.

I think that I'll continue saving up to buy a Sea-Doo.

You seemed to miss the part where this is their second product and been around for three years.

Just because you don't want it doesn't mean it's a flawed business model.

You seemed to miss the part where this is their second product and been around for three years.

Just because you don't want it doesn't mean it's a flawed business model.
I'll be the first to agree that you're correct and if there is some secret "Hydrowarrior Cabal" that I've never heard of then they're going to do great. Yes, it is their second product and they've been around for three years but the first product was "only" $133 which is already ridiculous. Now maybe it's fine and maybe there are enough rich fools out there who want a water gun that costs more than a real gun, I'm really not certain. The thing is, I really do have my doubts and you gotta admit, you do too. Unless of course you're foaming at the mouth to get one of these things. :laughing:

WOW ..... that priest that was on TV awhile back wanted a "super soaker" to use for his services since it would allow him to do his job and keep socially distanced ..... this one would be great!!!

WOW ..... that priest that was on TV awhile back wanted a "super soaker" to use for his services since it would allow him to do his job and keep socially distanced ..... this one would be great!!!
I was thinking of a high-power pressure-washer but yeah, this could definitely work too. :laughing:

And if he's doing the entire congregation he could do that that soda commercial and load it in the fire truck and give 'em a blast!

Back