Spyware/Ad-aware/Trojen Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I was "acquiring" some software off of Isohunt (a trusted site, with trusted torrents) and I opened a torrent with 60 seeders (sounded safe enough) and opened it and it was a trojen yada yada. Ok so I had avast and Spy-bot running so I kept them from doing too many changes to my registry or from putting too many files on my computer. I then ran all my security software got rid of most of the infestation. So I booted into Safe Mode and followed the Trojan Pakes and other Nasties info and got rid of basically everything. I still have one little anoying thing left. When I use my web browser random words are links. This makes me think that it is Deluxe communications still has some hold on my computer but none of my Security software says so (spybot, Ad-Aware, Avast, Avg, AVG anti-spyware, Microsoft defender [came from MIcrosoft Spyware Beta], CCleaner, any of the 4 tools listed under Trojan pakes and other nasties, Hijack This, and one or 2 others.) I have a rather wide selection of security software and none of them found anything yet I still have this annoying little issue. I will upload my 3 files from Hijack this, Look2Me destroyer and, VBG.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Deluxecommunications.
Spyhunter

Also, uninstall one of your antivirus programmes. It isn`t recommended to have more than one antivirus programme running at the same time. It can cause conflicts and will slow your system down.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

SpyHunter.exe
regedit.exe
ShowWnd.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {A8BD6820-6ED7-423E-9558-2D1486B0FEEA} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShowWnd] ShowWnd.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpyHunter] C:\Program Files\Enigma Software Group\SpyHunter\SpyHunter.exe

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)

O18 - Filter: text/html - {994D478A-45D0-4DB4-AE27-738B1E346F99} - (no file)

O20 - AppInit_DLLs: dxclib303562752.dll

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\Enigma Software Group\SpyHunter

C:\Program Files\DeluxeCommunications

Reboot your computer and post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Bretton only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks for the speedy reply

I realized a few hours later that the text problem I had was Intellitext. Intellitext is not spyware, it is done through the website your are veiwing and can only be turned off by the site allowing you to turn it off (sometimes through a link option). I actually removed Deluxe communications after the HJT log, I forgot that HJT couldn't get it bot Microsoft Defender did, same for Spyhunter. ShowWind iSCSI is program used by Alcohol, it's not neccesary use but is needed for some things. I don't actively run multiple anti-virus clients. I just used multiple for that one day because of the "infestation." Also all of those registry files listed in HJT I did delete I guess the log did not reflect that. Again thank you a lot for such a speedy reply. I should have repleyed to my own post that I figured out my own problem. Thanks in advance. I hope I can help some other users on TechSpot.

I`d still like you to post a fresh HJT log, or you can check yourself.

This is because the O20 - AppInit_DLLs: dxclib303562752.dll entry is nasty and I want to make sure it`s gone.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Bretton only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back