Spyware destroyed EVERYTHING!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frashizzle

Hi! I'm not from USA, so I want to excuse my bad english! The problem is the following:
I had the problem with the "Your computer is infected"-thing in the task bar. In another thread the problem should be solved by a download with two exe-files. You should open them and everything should be great. BUT: I rebooted my computer and suddenly my whole windows looked terrible.
-Internet broken (I'm sitting on another pc)
-Not able to reinstall network
-Windows design only classical ==> not able to change
-Usb-sticks etc. not working

HELP ME PLEASE!!! What can I do?!

:wave: Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

Lets see what we can do here to help you...

OK, firstly, could you please tell us what the two exe files you mention are called, or if you don't have them/can't remember, could you please post links to the pages you got them from :)

I only want to get my network back, because then I could save the things and delete the hard disc, like i've done before.

Try using System restore to go back to where you were before you did that. Once you're don, see Howards instructions HERE, and follow them starting with step 3, and then continuing to follow the rest of the instructions in order from step 1.

Once you've done that, post a HJT log as a .txt attachment in reply to this thread :)

(just a little advice, the edit button on your posts makes it easy to edit your post to add extra info instead of replying to yourself ;) )

Thanks for the moment. I'll try...
But how can I do a system-restore? what do you meen with that?
Edit: Okay, I know now, but it doesnt work. There is only one date that I can choose. And thats 5 minutes ago...after the "crash".

Then you'll just have to ignore the restore, and follow the rest of my instructions, and we'll see what we can do from there :)

Well, I did that, but it didn't work. But: My brother and I have tried ogether for about an hour and came to the result that the main functions are back. Don't ask me how this worked but it did. The only thing left is that I can only choose the classical windows-layout instead of the xp-layout. Do you know why? Thanks for your help!!!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You still need to follow the instructions. This is because, in all likelyhood your system is still infected.

As Spike said.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Post a fresh HJT log as an attachment, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back