Spyware filled computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, first of all, I'm new here....hello and thank you for membership.

I don't know where to post this, so I'm posting it here.

My boyfriend's computer is LOADED with spyware and I can't for the life of me get rid of it. It's always something. I have spybot, pcdoctor or something like that, Giant CVShredder and HiJack this d/l'd on it, and no hope in site.

NOW, I can't even open up Internet Explorer
Sob.gif
Sooooo, I don't know what to do...Oh and when I could open up IE, I couldn't go to TOOLS, Internet Options ....if I did, it'd have a pop up reading that I had to change the adminstrator....there's no one else that uses that computer and he is the administrator. UGH...

If I can't figure this out...it looks like I'm going to have to uninstall everything, which includes the router software and all that stuff...I'm not that good and I need some help.

Does anyone know how to figure some of these problems out? Should I uninstall everything? Prolly huh?

Thanks in advance. :)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Before you do anything go HERE and follow the instructions very carefully. Print them out if you can.

Once you have done that then go HERE for instructions on how to post your Hijackthis log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks Howard, I'll do that...I'm tired now ....I've been at this all day LOL
I'll report back tomorrow...

Please use proper thread titles.
Okie Dokie Didou... ~ but what's a proper Thread Title??

Guess I'll know tomorrow...nite nite and thank you :)

I don't think HijackThis is suitable for a normal computer user who has no CS background like you. But you still can fix your computer trouble using spybot, Adaware SE or AntiVir. Or just find a computer science guy to be your bf.

CSguy said:
I don't think HijackThis is suitable for a normal computer user who has no CS background like you. But you still can fix your computer trouble using spybot, Adaware SE or AntiVir. Or just find a computer science guy to be your bf.
If you read the thread that Howard linked, it is suggested to use the programs you mentioned prior to running Hijack this. If she does what is listed in the link, and then posts her Hijack this results here at TechSpot, I'm sure RealBlackStuff will take a look at it, as he does with everybody, and give some advice on what to remove, or to leave alone. I feel he's very qualified to do this and has helped a lot of people at TS.

Edit: After posting this, I check out your site, good info there.

VV_Gary_VV ~ ohhhhh, that's okay, but thanks for being such a gentlemen.
CSguy ~:haha: You're right, but I've been following every instruction to the letter; but to no avail :( It's really sad, cause I feel sooooooo stupid grrrrrrr....

If you read the thread that Howard linked, it is suggested to use the programs you mentioned prior to running Hijack this. If she does what is listed in the link, and then posts her Hijack this results here at TechSpot, I'm sure RealBlackStuff will take a look at it, as he does with everybody, and give some advice on what to remove, or to leave alone. I feel he's very qualified to do this and has helped a lot of people at TS.
olefarte ~ Yep, sure did...I didn't post the .txt cause there's so much info and I figured, that was just too much for anyone to look at and then expect them to take that amount of time to help...anyway, what I think I'm going to do...since I TRULY did follow it to the letter, is just do an uninstall, but I'm going to have to figure out how to do that LOL...Any suggestions would be appreciated, grateful, near humble servent LOL..
I've got to run to the gym for an hour, but I'll be back before I get started.

Edit: After posting this, I check out your site, good info there.
Hee ~ yeah, lots of wackos too LOL...thanks, it's a fun place, I've had it for about three years now.

Well, thanks anyway! I fixed it myself LOL....I'm sooooo happy ~hey, and I'm not a CS person! Maybe I should be :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back