spyware infection has been detected

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP!!
I have this thing in bottom right corner, its a red shield with a white x across it. it has popups from random sites, (some have been things i don't and shouldn't see by law as i am 16). It keeps trying to get me to download something to, and my computer is starting to slow down alot!

Please and thank you

~jordan

Hello fake fury and welcome to TechSpot.

Your system may be infected with a backdoor. You also have the Vundo infection.

Very important: Before deciding whether to clean or reformat your system, read this thread and decide what you want to do.

If you decide to clean your system after reading the above thread, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/spyware/malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, ComboFix, and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above. Also post here the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards :)

This thread is for the use of fake fury only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and the Web forum.

The computer can probably be cleaned. However, since you are infected with some kind of trojan, perhaps a backdoor, you should reformat if you use your computer for online banking, business purposes, or storing sensitive or very personal information.

You need to be careful about backing up Word documents now, though, if you decide to reformat. They can harbor malicious macros. If you need to back up Word documents, you should just copy the text over into Notepad and back it up as a text file.

Please let me know what you decide to do.

Regards :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back