Spyware infection which has corrupted the registry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get this error message in the bottom right hand corner of my computer. It is a red shield with a white cross ! mark on it.

The message is: Spyware infection has detected! Windows has detected spyware infection which corrupted the registry.

It is recommended to load update to prevent data loss. Windows will now download and install the most up to date software for you.

Click here to protect your computer.

Then when I am in IE I get large pop up all the time which is very annoying.

Please help. Thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with malware.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of roms_711 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi There,

Im already using Panda Antivirus Software.... but it is not updated and i cannot do so due to some licence problem.

So shall i download AVG / Avast? if yes which one is better!
Along with it which firewall should i opt for.... is it fine if i download Comodo from download.com?

Please help!
thnks.

Do you have Microsoft Windows Defender installed? In which case, its probably a valid message, otherwise, the "detected spyware infection which corrupted the registry" can, worryingly, actually be generated from malware itself, which then prompts you to download and install more malware as the "fix".

Personally, I use Spyware Doctor, AVG and the Adaware thingy. I run Spyware and AVG scans periodically. Try visiting dodgy websites in VMware virtual machines only ( https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic76522.html )

roms_711 said:
Hi There,

Im already using Panda Antivirus Software.... but it is not updated and i cannot do so due to some licence problem.

So shall i download AVG / Avast? if yes which one is better!
Along with it which firewall should i opt for.... is it fine if i download Comodo from download.com?

Please help!
thnks.

Yes, you can use AVG or Avast, just make sure you uninstall Panda before you install AVG/Avast.

Comodo is a very good firewall programme and is highly recommended, but any of the 3 firewall programmes listed are good.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of roms_711 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back