Spyware Infection!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I'm from the U.S. (Missouri)

One day ago i found spyware on my computer. A Windows antivirus notification keeps popping up at the bottom right of my computer screen (task bar), which reads...

"Windows has detected spyware infection! It is recomended to use special antispyware tools to prevent data loss."

So far i've done a full scan using Spybot, as well as other unsuccessful spyware removers, more than twice already. They have succeeded in removing some spyware, yet the problem still persists. Even the Reboot/System Restore strategy doesn't solve the problem. The symptoms of my spyware infected computer is as follows...

-Really slow startup
-Really slow internet navigation
-My Mozilla Firefox won't work!
-Control Panel icon is missing
-Denies access to Administrative options. (Even after I log on as the administrator!)

What could be the problem? Why is there still spyware on my computer? I have attached my HiJack log. I would appreciate help, thanks.

"Denies access to Administrative options. (Even after I log on as the administrator!)"

check your settings. there are some restrictions:
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O7 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1

Please note that this is NOT part of the review for malware- only an observation based on your lack of access.

Can you get online with Internet Explorer? If so, go to 'www.Kaspersky.com' They are the most comprehensive Internet Security on the market. They also have a 'free online scanner'. Run this. This REALLY will help. I hope that you try this. Also...some infections get so 'in' your program that the only choice for victory is...you guessed it...reformat. After(if) you do: spend considerable time (and some money) on arming and maintaining your PC on a daily basis. It can never be too healthy and if you keep it really clean, it's by no means such easy prey. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back