Spyware or Virus disabled my anti-virus and ad-aware - HJT log included

Status
Not open for further replies.

idontknowwww

Hey all.

I hope someone can help. I was infected with the win32/hidrag.a virus not too long ago and thought this was harmless enough and I couldnt remove it. However the last few days I have found my laptop (running Windows XP) has been lagging really badly and on top of that I havent been able to run any spyware or virus scans (I think they may have been disabled). So I am not sure what the problem is or whether I have picked up some new virus.I was wondering if anyone could help me. PLEASE.

I downloaded HJT and here are the log results:

I really hope someone can help me. Thanks very much in advance.

Laura

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of idontknowwww only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hey Howard,

I completed all the preliminary steps that you asked me to do. The only thing is that my ad-aware didnt work and would get up to a certain part and not scan any further.

I hope my attachments have worked. Please let me know if they are wrong.

I will be home all day so hope to hear from you soon. Thanks again so much.

Laura

Ok I must have done something wrong lol. It said attachment in progress. Here they are again, Hopefully.

Thanks so much,

Laura

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    8 KB · Views: 6
Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {502C3BA4-2C3E-4317-BC29-C0445E82B1F9} - (no file)

O16 - DPF: {85D1F3B2-2A21-11D7-97B9-0010DC2A6243} (SecureLogin class) - http://secure2.comned.com/signuptemplates/securelogin-devel.cab

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of idontknowwww only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hey Howard,

Thanks for all your help. There is just a few things that I have a concern over.

1. My Ad-Aware wont finish scanning. It only gets through a part of the way and then just doesnt continue scanning.

2. When my Anti Virus ran this morning it didnt find anything however it had problems with Partition Table (MRB) and boot sector of disc C. This is the first time it had run completely in about a fortnight. Other times it ran then just stopped after a while.

3. I have a file that I cant seem to get rid of and I cant delete it. When I try it says Data Error (cyclic redundancy check).

Just wondering if I should un-install AVG and Ad-Aware then download them again. And would that file be anything that I should be worried about. My computer has been running really really slow the last fortnight. I got a virus Win32/Hidrag.A and couldnt get rid of it.

Sorry about this but I am just wondering and thought I should ask you or what I should do to make my laptop run normal speed again.

Thanksss sooo much,

Laura :)

Yes, uninstall and reinstall AVG and AD-Aware se personal.

What is the file and it`s full filepath, that you can`t delete?

What do you mean by your AV had problems with the mbr/boot sector etc?

The filename is 09090909 and I am not sure how to get the filepath.

I am running a virus scan now and The partition table and boot sector have come up clean so mabey that problem is solved.

However my computer is still running really slow.

Thanks Laura

Where is the 09090909 file located? What kind of file is it? I.E what file extension does it have?

As for your computer running slow, I suggest you do two things. Go HERE and follow the instructions for running a disk check. Then, go and read this thread HERE. It will show you how you can speed up your system.

Ok well my brother (stupidly) downloaded a game a while back, so I think this is the filepath:

C:\Documents and Settings\Phillip J\My Documents\My Games\Tycoon Zoo\09090909

Also it says its an LLE file. Everytime I right click on it, my computer slows right down and take a while to load up on the properties.

Thanks Laura

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with Zoo Tycoon. See if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back