Spyware Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just recently I have been having a LOT of trouble with spyware. I learned from other people and downloaded both SpyBot:S&D and Ad-Aware but there are some that both of them are unable to delete. My computer is still slower than it was and I am still gett ing popups out of nowhere if anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Also make sure you have updated both of them to the newest reference files. But running in safe mode should take care of it.

BTW :wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Depending on your version of Spybot S&D, it will pop up a prompt saying it can't delete a file, do you want to run it at startup.. of course, tell it yes.

And as Poertner said, be sure to get the most recent updates. Some programs, especially CoolWebSearch, are notorious for releasing new versions to thwart spy/ad busting programs even at a rate of one per week. Depending on your version, the newest updates may help.

If you know when your problems started, you may be able to use system restore to roll back to a point before you had the adware installed.. if you do this be sure first thing you do is run windows update if you do this.. (sysrestore needs XP or ME, if I recall correctly.)

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back