spyware, virus...pop ups...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

i read on the forum that something similar had already happened, i hope u can help me, im getting really pissed off!!!

I dont know exactly when or how,but i got affected by some spyware and malware. I tried several anti spyware and antivirus, but i cant get rid of it. It is something that opens every 3 min at least 3 or 4 new advertisment windows...it doesnt look like a pop up problem...and it is very annoying...it's taking me ages to post this thread as well!!!
I run Hjt but it doesnt seem to find something different from the normal programs i used to have, the antivirus as well cant find anything special...

Id really appreciate if you guys could help me!!!,

tnx
Matt

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Follow the instructions exactly in the link Peddant gave you.

Then, post a fresh HJT log as an attachment into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

hijackthis attachment

Hi guys,

sorry for the delay in posting this thread, work sometimes takes time.
I tried to follow all ur instructions, but something didnt work.
Especially:

- SmitFraudFix didnt work at all on my pc
- Look2me Destroyer didnt work as well, i can see that a lot of the others anti-malware programs cant get rid of it!
- I had some problems with SmartKiller too.
- AdAware cant remove some infections, even rebooting the system.
vx2cleaner reported that maybe i am affected by some new versions of the malware...dont know what to think...
- I tried to run other programs to solve the problem, and nothing happened.

Again I ask for some help, and i thank u guys a lot

I attach my hijackthis log file, hope i will get rid this annoying stuff!!!sorry if i did a lot of mess with it, hope not!

Cheers,

Matt

PS If u need me to attach some others .log files i will do it as soon as possible

You do have the Look2me infection.

You need to see if you can get the Look2me destoyer to work.

Go HERE and follow the instructions carefully.

Post a fresh HJT log after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

Tnx

Thanks howard,

it looks like i got rid of the annoying problem. Anyway I post another hijackthis .log file.
I have other two questions:

- When i start the computer, I got an error message that says w0051d80.dll missing, is it an error that could create problems?

- Which firewall do u think is the best, and antivirus?

cheers,

Matt

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode. See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad).Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [w0051d80.dll] RUNDLL32.EXE w0051d80.dll,I2 0017274600051d80

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Reboot into normal mode and turn system restore back on.

After doing the above, your startup message should`ve gone.

As far as antivirus and firewalls go, I recommend AVG free and the free Zonealarm firewall.

You can get them HERE and HERE.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back