Spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.

donsdg

Hello. I am a non-technical person that has been struck with a pretty severa attack of spyware. I have not had this issue before. I have been reading since this morning various posts on various forums about HJT, Ewido, SpyonThis, etc. I ran Windows Defender and McAfee and couldn't get rid of it. I have downloaded and run Ewido, PC doctor, and Spyonthis (it was recommended when I clicked on a link to go to hijack-this as a good option for beginners/non-technical people). However, I have not had any results. Can someone help me out? Unfortunately, I am not at all tedhnical, but I can grope my way around if I get detailed instructions on how I can get rid of my problem. Thanks.

PS - I have consistently seen ishost, ismini and isnotify on the "infected list" and have quarantined them and deleted them, but with no result. I have a log from Spyonthis, and can post it if you want. Also, if you need HJT logs, can you please provide me with a link where I can find HJT? The internet seems sketchy, and I can't figure out the genuine from the malicious websites.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as an attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of donsdg only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Attached

Thanks very much for the detailed instructions. I have attached my HJT log, and the AVG log to this reply. It took me a while to get through all steps mentioned. Please let me know next steps ....

Well done, your HJT log is clean.

Have HJT fix the following inactive entries.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {849B9523-785F-4014-9CAF-079FB4A74C61} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\kfshnkfy.dll (file missing)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {a43385f0-7113-496d-96d7-b9b550e3fcca} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ixt2.dll (file missing)

O20 - Winlogon Notify: winzzd32 - winzzd32.dll (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT. Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Reboot your computer.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of donsdg only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks so much!

Howard - I really, really appreciate your assistance and support. Is there something I can do for you or your team that is helping people with this? It seems like you guys are really involved in an emphatic service which may be unrewarded. Many many thanks!

PS - It looks like I am not able to run my McAfee virus scan, which was fine until before this whole process. It says : One or more active X controls cannot be displayed because either:
1) Your current security settings prohibit running active X controls on this page, or
2) You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls.

As a result the page may not display correctly.
Let me know if you get a chance.

Once again, Thanks very much!!!

It`s our pleasure to help. Thanks for your kind words.

The best thing you can do, is to try and help out occasionally.

As for your McAfee problem, I suggest reinstalling the programme and see if that helps.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back