Square Enix to reveal new Life Is Strange game on March 18

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: Square Enix will host its first digital-direct showcase on March 18. The event will deliver news about the next Life Is Strange game and provide updates on other upcoming titles including Outriders, Just Cause Mobile and Balan Wonderworld, among others.

Square Enix Presents sounds a lot like a Nintendo Direct-style digital presentation. In addition to the world premiere of the next entry in the episodic graphic adventure series Life Is Strange, which is said to feature a new protagonist with a "fascinating new power," the event will deliver announcements and trailers for Outriders, Balan Wonderworld, Marvel’s Avengers and Just Cause Mobile as well as more information about the 25th anniversary celebration of Tomb Raider.

If you recall, Square Enix launched a Tomb Raider anniversary website back in February that chronicles the franchise’s history since the groundbreaking first entry hit the scene in 1996.

We’ll also learn about the latest games that Square Enix Montreal is cooking up. The subsidiary was founded in late 2011 and is Square Enix’s studio of choice for mobile game development, having worked on mobile adaptations of Hitman, Tomb Raider and Deus Ex over the years. Taito, another Square Enix subsidiary, will also share some new titles they’re working on, we’re told.

Square Enix Presents premieres on March 18 at 10 am Pacific / 5 pm GMT on YouTube and Twitch.

Permalink to story.

I'm not that enthused over the next Life is Strange.

The first one hit just the right balance of pre-detertmined dramatic encounters combined with a decently fleshed-out little side-quests, plus ban actual usable time-travel game element.

Now that they have a bigger budget with Life is Strange 2, they just concentrated on making the big dramatic movies as important as possible, and basically reduced your player's game abilities to: quick-draw commands, and ordering around your bother. Captain spirit was a nice distraction, but really seems to have no impact on the game. I made it through the first two episodes but have no desire to finish it like the previous.

Don't nod just kinda got lucky with Life is strange, and will never get that lucky again...I will only buy the third act set when it hits ten bucks.

I'm not that enthused over the next Life is Strange.

The first one hit just the right balance of pre-detertmined dramatic encounters combined with a decently fleshed-out little side-quests, plus ban actual usable time-travel game element.

Now that they have a bigger budget with Life is Strange 2, they just concentrated on making the big dramatic movies as important as possible, and basically reduced your player's game abilities to: quick-draw commands, and ordering around your bother. Captain spirit was a nice distraction, but really seems to have no impact on the game. I made it through the first two episodes but have no desire to finish it like the previous.

Don't nod just kinda got lucky with Life is strange, and will never get that lucky again...I will only buy the third act set when it hits ten bucks.
Both games were cheap enough to be worth buying (they had so many great deals over time). As long as they don't make a complete mess I welcome another episode in this series :)

I loved playing LIS and LIS:BTS, but LIS2 was really bad.
Seems like they lost the ability to write a good story and characters.
I don't expect this new LIS to be any good either.

Yea, Square Enix used to invoke thoughts of good quality. Not so much in past decade, and after seeing that they are behind at least 4 games at the same time I know there can be no quality there. Their Outriders, which I had on my wish list until I played the demo, is almost trash, but certainly not worth the asking price, or any price for me. Duped by Anthem, now this... It's EA, just with almost no money compared to EA.

Back