ST lab router problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey

im trying to connect 2 computers using the th ST LAB IPR-4P router but i cant get the damn thing two work on my second computer.

i have reset the settings of the router and the LAN internet connection does say connecte on th second computer but wont let me use the internet.

the hardware installed is from 2002 as i cant find the new version (one on official site is not orking).

anyone have any idea what i should do next?

thx

If I understand this correctly you are trying to connect to the internet through your second computer through a router. I would check firewalls including the Windows one that has given me problems before. Have you switched ports to make sure it is not a faulty port and also have you switched the cables to make sure it is not a cable problem. Can you connect to the internet on the second computer if it is not going through the router? Cause that might mean it is a NIC problem.

no still no luck, by switching cables do u mean switching the ends of the ethernet goin from router to my computer? by the way i have tried to connect through the modem instead of the router and it works fine.

any other suggestions

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back