Stable OC of Soyo Dragon Platinum Plus KT400

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimShady23

A buddy of mine has a Soyo Dragon KT400 Platinum Plus, XP2500+ and 1.5 GB of PC2700

The question is this, what is the maximum overclock do you think he can get out of this system ? Since I am heading over there to tinker around with it tomorrow I'd like a lil insite. If anyone has OC'd with this board before.

I know this, the multi is unlocked on the cpu and the bios alows multi adjustments along with FSB, DIMM freq. and DIMM and CPU voltage. Never overclocked the KT400 before so what does it all involve ? Do I need to mess with PCI, AGP freq ?

Do you think it is possible to get a 400 mhz FSB ? I have the same memory in my system so i know it overclocks atleast to 400 mhz.

And he also has adequite cooling so it isnt an issue

Thanks Guys

Depending on the brand of RAM he has, you may be able to get a 400MHz FSB. I'd lock the AGP and/or PCI. PCI may be locked by deafault. I'd stick to stock voltages, and see if it'll boot with them. It may be perfect with stock volts, if it doesnt boot or it crashes every here and there, try knocking it up at .25 incriments. I wouldnt go beyond 1.8v. Stock or 1.7/1.75 should do you good. I am going to OC my friends 2600+ TBred this weekend, should be interesting on how that goes.

yeah

I was just curious about the pci/agp freq....Never OC'd a kt-400 before and was curious on that...but I will just leave it locked...I just heard you have to change the freq to do so

agissi,

you seem like a good chap to talk to, your always on here....give me a buzz on yahoo messanger....my handle is jimshady23_z

agissi,

you seem like a good chap to talk to, your always on here....give me a buzz on yahoo messanger....my handle is jimshady23_z or anyone that wants to talk tech without the wait of a reply that is LoL Im always on so yeah give me a holla

The KT400 doesn't allow AGP/PCI locking, you're gonna have to play around with the PCI divider ( if 1/6 is available, you could bring the FSB all the way to 200 ).

As Agissi said, if the ram isn't up to the task, see if you can run the memory in asynchronous mode or maybe relax the timings a bit in order to get it to reach PC3200 speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back