Stage 6 site closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

taimuraly

Stage 6 ( www.stage6.com ) was the best site to download high quality divx videos. People shared a lot of great stuff there, tv shows, trailers, anime, cartoons, series, etc. All of these were in divx and of high quality, making then really good for viewing on large screens. But sadly, the site is being shut down. You can help stop this by going to this site http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?pros599 and signing the pention. Please spread the word to your friends and help reopen the site.

What possible justification could they present for keeping a blatantly copyright infringing website online ? You might have enjoyed what they offered but that certainly did not make it right.

Dude, the site was just like youtube, metacafe, google video and veoh but only better. So I think the "possible justification" for keeping Stage6 can be same as keeping these other " blatantly copyright infringing" websites online. Peace.:)

I love stage6, kicked the hell out of youtube. It did have a lot of spam from user posts and not as much video selection as youtube but it was a damn good site! I signed but how exactly is this going to keep the site up, I thought that it was shutting down because they couldn't afford it 0_o

And What Did We Forget.........?

Didou said:
What possible justification could they present for keeping a blatantly copyright infringing website online ? You might have enjoyed what they offered but that certainly did not make it right.

"Thread Closed"........? LOL

Well I realize Stage6 was a legit platform for DivX videos launched & maintained by the DivX company itself. It's just been taken advantage of by the wrong people I guess.

Anyways on the Stage6 page, they explain that costs are the biggest reason for the closure so I'm sure you would help a lot more by starting a fund raiser rather than a simple petition.

just imagine they use all those video uploaded by billion of users around the world and put to good use ; )

what kind of use? hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back