Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

antjscott

Hey Guys,

I recently purchased a new pc, and i have also purchased Stalker. i installed it without any difficulties, however when i go to play the game i double click the stalker icon, and i get a mouse timer for roughly 10 seconds. it disappears and nothing further happens. i ctrl-alt-del and see the game running, yet nothing happens. i have left my computer like this for over an hour, to see if it's struggling to load or something, and nothing still happens.

I currently have an AMD X2 5200+, a Geforce 8800 GTS 320MB graphics, an A2N-E mobo, a gig of ddr2 ram.

Any help would be great.

If anyone has had similar problems with stalker or other games, and could enlighten me as to what they did to fix the problem, would be great for info.

Thanks

i updated stalker to patch 1.0001, using the worldwide patch, as i live in australia. i tried to run the game, and the exact same thing happens. i get the timer on the mouse for a few seconds and then nothing at all. game doesnt start, computer doesnt get sluggish at all, runs like normal. no noise of the hard drive initialising... any further suggestions out there??

might be your video card (low ram), but i suggest u go to s.t.l.k.e.r official forum and try ask help there.

only thing left for u is to check to see if you have any viruses, then reinstall STALKER, enter it w/o the patch and then w/ the patch

btw, what OS do you have? Vista or XP?
I have Vista and my PC has a gig-o-ram, a C2D E6600 and an 8800GTS 320

Stalker requires 2 gigs, I looked

Plus I don't think stalker is any good anyways, It's a Half-life 2 / Doom 3 rip off... There is like 50 forums already talking about how the Stalker game ripped a few stuff from HL2 and D3 without permission

i have a gig and it worked ok (just don't go with the advanced lighting settings)
Half-Life 2/ Doom 3 rip-off?! no way... what did it ripped off?
this isn't the first game with monsters (a la Doom 3) and certainly not the first open-ended one (HL2)

i found it really cool to have such a nice, big and life-like environment, to bad it has a lot of mission-consitency gliches

here a link on Hl2, doom 3 rip off
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89373

after reading that review, i start to believe its true. You'll see half midget mobs with human head with small monster like body later in the game, its in the dark room just like Doom 3. You also wanna Try do a search on youTube =]

non the less, I'm half way through the game now using only knife ynuck ynuck. I'll post my video up in youTube when i'm not bz playing monster game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back