Stand-off Screws

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just put a new motherboard in my pc but it uses more stand-off than my last one. I have enough stand-offs inside the case, but not enough screws. Where can I get some more screws? The chassis screws (those that hold the hard drive, floppy, optical drives, etc in place) are not the same thread.

normally you would get a pack of standoff and chassis screws with your new mobo. check botom of box under packaging, however i'm sure that any good computer shop will have some lying around and will just give you some.

Try maplins, PC world or any computer component shop.

as mentioned earlier, computer shops have extras lying around, chances are they will simply give you as many as you need free of charge. you can also buy them (often as part of a PC screw set) at places like RadioShack and other electronics or computer stores.

I would recommend putting a screw in each standoff, but for now as long as you have screws in each corner and 1 in the middle you should be fine. just be careful not to pull up on the board where there is no screw to hold it.

For most brass standoffs you use an M3 screw, the same as the optical drives screws. If yours is not the same, take a sample to the shop to make sure you get the right one.

Perhaps you can take one or two from some of your other hard ware. Often you get 6 screws but only need a max of 4. Else, any shop should give you some for free.

Regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back