Starcraft Cd Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to go back to starcraft. I found my starcraft cd and put it in my cd drive. It didn't load. The funny thing is I've played with that starcraft cd on this very computer before...and now it doesn't work....How depressing. I don't know why it doesn't load. I've tried the top cd drive and bottom. Both don't work.Please help. Anyone.

I might be VERY mistaken, but u didn't comment on this...did u chack to see that the CD is unreadable due to scraches or dirt? If u're not sure (and even if u think u are this might be smart to try), stick that CD into another PC and see what it thinks about that.

if the CD is in top (well...readable) condition, try starting the Setup in competability mode for win 98 (or was starcraft ment for 95?...well, try'em both, but I think 98 should be the one).

Hope it works
Neowizard

You right click on the exe you are trying to run and you can select compatability mode there, perhaps under properties. Don't have a Windows comp right now to bother checking on.

Thats not your problem though, Starcraft installs on XP just fine. You could go through your registry (after backing it up first) and deleting all stuff to deal with Blizzard and Starcraft. That may help, restart before trying to install again.

If all else fails, you can buy the game for like $10, and probably $20 for the Battle Chest.

i have reformated my computer probably around 3 times since the last time i installed starcraft so its probably all gone...why should i buy another starcraft game when i have starcraft and the expansion?ive tried my cds and another friends cds and both mine and his dont work on my computer.Its been driving me nuts!

Call Blizzard then.

What you are saying doesn make any sense, it should install fine unless its a pirated disk and you don't have a valid cd key. So assuming you do have a valid disk and cd key, then call blizzard. If you've done reformat and reinstall then its not a windows issue, if you've used multiple disks its not a disk issue. Maybe its your drive or ide ribbon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back