Start 2 OS on Same Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

ds_pandit

Hi all!!!
My question may be somewhat wrong:confused:
I have 2 OS viz. Windows XP & Windows 2000 on the same machine. On Xp there is MS Office 2003 & on Win 2000 there is MS Office XP. Now I developed one small VB exe (offcource related with my work) on Win 2000 platform which is having the dependancies of Office XP. Now when I want to build the same exe on Win XP platform, I have to reboot my machine, logon to Win XP, make related changes, references etc for Office 2003 & again I have to build the exe.
Now my question is , is there any software which can start 2 OS at one time on the same machine?? if so I can start Win XP & Win 2000 at the same time to build exe.

Thanks in advance

I am pretty sure you can adjust your development environment so that it can fetch the needed files from the other OS installation..

Hi Didou Brou!
thanks it really works great!!
but one problem is when I boot in Win 2000, I can't connect to XP.
I mean it creates memory dump. This situation not happened when I boot in Win 2000 Server & select the virtual machine with Win 2000 Professional.
If you have any solution then kindly alter the forum.

thanks

Hi Nodsu Brou!
will u be more specific regarding ur reply. I am using vb as development language. Though I m satisfied with vmvare now, that will be usefull for my knowledge.
thanks in advance again

wouldn't it be easier to export the needed files offline and import them back into the desired OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back