Start Menu Has Suddenly Changed Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

si007

Previously when I would click on the start button, the menu that appeared would reach about half way up the screen. Today, however, it goes all the way to the top of the screen. I checked the buttons properties and all there is as it has always been plus the menu has the same amount of icons on it as usual. Also, the "Most Used Programs" part of the menu is blank after every reboot.

Can anyone shed some light as to what is going on?

Cheers.

Si
:hotbounce

Windows XP Pro

Have you run spyware and virus scans recently? If so, with what software? Running scandisk would be a good idea if you havent run it already too.

Hi si007,

Right-Click on the Taskbar and Click Properties. Click Start Menu tab and then Start Menu button > Customize and change from Large Icons to Small Icons.

HTH,
mickzer

@rik I ran all the things you suggested but nothing unusual showed up. The ones I use are AdAware, a-squared, AVG, Spyware Blaster and Spybot S&D.

@mickzer That is one solution but I would prefer it to be the way it was with large icons. Having said that, I just tried it again and it doesn't look too bad.

Thank you both for your input.

Si
:hotbounce

Try changing the number of programs in the quick launch list or whatever.

(Right click on the start menu, click properties, click customize, and change number of programs in the start menu to 6 or so.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back