Start up problems...(gasp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! glad to be a part of the boards now, unfortunatly i have a problem. Whenever i start my computer the monitor goes into power saving mode, it doesn't display the bios or anything. any suggestions or help would be greatly appriciated. because after all, me=n00b :approve:

Welcome to Techspot !
I am not sure what you mean by 'monitor goes right into power save mode'
Does that mean it is black with no image and then you can bring it out of Standby and go to Desktop?
Also you need to post your specs of that machine in your' Profile' along with your O/S. So we can help.

yeah, when i turn the computer on, about 5 seconds later it says "power saving mode" then the screen goes blank, it doesn't have an operating system yet, i am gonna put xp pro on it. and i'll put the other specs in my profile

If you can get to the Bios setting screen check the power settings and diable them for now.Look for the 'Video off mode 'setting and change it. If you cannot get in the bios ,reset the CMOS.This sets bios seettings to default hopfully that works, let us know.

thanks man, what's lame is this happened the last time i reformatted....can't remember what i did :dead: , so hopefully this works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back