Started out with a Win32.VBStat-C...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Thank you for preliminary instructions... the programs have all detected different items... would have never guessed!

I have followed the 13 steps and attached an HJT, AVG Anti-spyware, and Combo Fix Logs.

The AVG Antirootkit scan did not detect anything.

Should I be worried regarding AVG-Anti-spyware finding Backdoor.Rbot.cfp?

Thanks for your help!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Backdoor.Rbot.cfp as it`s name suggest is a backdoor trojan. This allows an attacker to open a backdoor into your system and steal sensitive info etc.

Before going any further, I suggest you do the following.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, please let me know.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of jt000jt only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hmmmmm....

Thank you for your quick response. I read the info from the two links and they did raise some concern as whether to reformat or to clean as I did have scans of personal docs as well as bank online. :( Windows Firewall was active (although I have looked and these exceptions were checked: File and Printer Sharing, Remote Assistance, UnPNP Framework) and Avast On-Access Scanner was active aswell.

Do the attachments I sent indicate anything to you in regards to access or remaining problems?

Your system still shows signs of infection. Given you use your system for online banking etc, I strongly suggest you reformat and reinstall from scratch. You will need to contact your bank etc and tell them your computer has been compromised. They will then advise you on what to do next.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of jt000jt only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thank you!

Thanks for all your help Howard! :)

Looks like a fun day of reformatting and reinstalling ahead for me! Are there backup precautions I should take since my computer is still infected? I will be backing up everything with my external hard drive that has been hooked up occassionally to the infected computer. Should that be scanned as well?

Any suggestions of ways to better protect my system next time around?

Yes, you should scan your external hard drive just to make sure it`s clean.

I suggest you read this thread HERE for advice on keeping your system more secure.

You should be ok to backup your music/photos/text documents etc.

Good luck.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back