Starting Over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgiaGirl47

Ok, I have a new question/issue.

I just reinstalled windows for the 4th time in about a year and I backed up all files that I want to save. If there is anyway possible (that's fairly easy and doesn't involve buying anything), I would like to get my computer back to the way it started.

I do have a Dell and with the issue I had before (you can see my earlier post), someone told me I could do "Ctrl + F11" to restore it to it's original state but that doesn't work.

I just want to free up disk space and memory, and have everything I need to start reinstalling my programs, but with the 3 installations, I have tons of files and folders I don't need and I'd like to get rid of them and just start over.

What model is it. What is service tag?
Do you have the maroon and white Windows Recovery disc, and several blue and white Application discs, and Drivers?
With those discs, you can do all that you wish, with just a few downloads of driver updates, BIOS, and Chipset stuff.
You might want to upgrade the memory, as memory requirements of Windows XP have gone way up since most Dells were designed.

it's a inspiron 6000 - 512MB I think of memory - I got it in July or August of 2005 - memory update is out of the question, the computer itself is in bad shape as it is, I just need to get through til I get a new one in the next couple of months, but I also need to free disk space to play a certain game. I have Windows drivers on a disk from the last time I had to do this. I also have the disks you mentioned (how many should I have?)

Someone in my other post (below) mentioned doing a clean install of windows or something to start over.

Didn't mean to get two posts going, I just thought new problem, new post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back