Startup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
When press the power button on my computer (using a laptop) i hear 3 beeps. The first is longer than the following two. Then the caps lock on the keyboard flashes repeatedly but the screen remains blank

This has happened before it usually works after some fiddling with the cables or after attempts to turn it on.

I run a windows XP

Help would be much appreciated

It sounds like a video problem. Do you have an integrated video card or an actual graphics card in the system?
Also, what are the specs of the laptop other than running XP?

sorry for the confusion. i'm using my laptop to post. but the problem is in my PC.

As for specs, its a compaq thats pretty much all i know about it :(

If you can boot up into windows on that PC, run either SIW or EVEREST Home and save a report or write down what it gives you on:

CPU & clock speed
RAM
Motherboard
Graphics/Video adapter or card

Its either that or look on the chassis for a model no. or identifier..

although i do agree with sghiznaneck, it does sound video related...

nope when i push the power button i hear 3 beeps, the caps lock flashes continuosly. But nothing after that but a blank screen and the sound of the fan/cpu

i'll try and find some sought of identifier.

annoying thing is this problem has occured before but somehow i manage to get it working.

This is everything that actually happened: pc crashed, i shut it down. i turn it on but like always it has trouble not freezing at the windows loading screen (windows sign with a moving animation indicating loading) its a common thing that usually fixes itself sooner or later. i restart trying to boot it again i could get in through safe mode, but not in the proper windows. after turning it off/on attempting to get it to work. it finally goes into this state, where it beeps, caps flashes on keyboard but the screen remains blank...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back