out. The problem that I am having is the screen freezes when I turn
it on and I am unable to use my keyboard or the mouse in attempt to boot
to safe mode. I have tried using a boot disk but that does not work
either. If anyone can possibly assist me or give some suggestions to solve
this, I would greatly appreciate it. This is the screen I get:

Phoenix-Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG, An Energy Star Ally
Copyright (C) 1984 - 2003, Phoenix Technologies, LTD

P4VMM2 Ver:1.10 05/25/2004

Main Processor: Intel (R) Celeron (R) CPU 2.40GHZ(133x18.0)
Memory Testing: 262144K OK With 32768K shared memory

Detecting IDE Drives:

(this info is at the very bottom of the screen)
Press DEL to enter SETUP
05/25/2004-P4M266A-8235-6A6LWE1GC-00

These Three mimum things require the post to post

CPU
RAM
Video Card

YOur cpu is posting
so is your ram

Do you have a video card??

Post will post with out a hdd and mouse dont even have to be present.

Yes I have a video card. It hasn't been upgraded so I'm "assuming" it would be a basic configuration (it came with the computer). I know next to nothing about video cards or how they work directly. I've read other posts about people having startup problems that could be related to bad video cards. Should I look into something else or would this be the source of the problem?

What kind of computer you got ? Is it built or a store bought job??

I am pointing to the card

the procrossor is good it is posting

so is the ram

Did this just happen .

Still pointing to the card here! one you procrossor is posting so is your ram..

here a few things you can do

remove the cover just make sure everything is seated proper or remover them and place them back (All cables every thing) But MAKE SURE U UNPLUG your computer from the wall and ground your self..

THis route pay close attetion to the motherboard or and scorch marks or anything unusual at all.. This will rule out any loose connection for you.

keep us posted

One thing I tried about an hour ago was I unplugged all of the cords from the back (usb for mouse, usb for printer, keyboard, monitor) while the computer was still running. Just for kicks I plugged the monitor back in to see if it was still the same state but this time I got a message saying that there was no keyboard or mouse detected. So I plugged the keyboard and mouse back in and it fired right up, like it hasn't missed a beat. So at this point I "assumed" that the problem was fixed. I quickly let virus scan update then I shut it back down. Now when I try to fire it up its back to the same screen freeze as before. What did I do wrong?

Same screen freeze ? do you buy chance have a video card you can use for a little bit from a friend...

OK we know this

procrossor fine
ram fine

monitor fine

I hope this is under warrenty ...

I have 2 computers (one upstairs and one down). I can get by with the one I'm using now until I sort out the problem. Probably just a defective video card and yes it is under warranty. Thank you for your help thus far!!!!

See if there is another video connection on the back of the case...if there is then your MBoard has on-board video as well...
Remove the video card, hook the monitor to the other connecter and re-boot and see if everything is OK. If so the vid card needs replacing.

patio. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back