Startup screen modding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

harley007

okay so maybe this is simple, maybe not. i did a search for it and found nothing so i was wondering if anyone knew the way to change your win98 startup screen. i got the shutdown screens changed but i cant get the startup screen to take. arrgh.
i found a text file explaining how to do it to win 95, but that only worked for the shutdown screens.so what i really need to know is this; 1) what is the name of the file i have to replace, and 2)what directory do i save it to. Oh ya, 3)is the size rewquired to be 320 by 400?

any help from you tech savvy surfers would be highly appreciated. thank you.

well, thats where i have saved it, and thats what i saved it as, but it still shows the lame startup screen. maybe i missed something
i will delete the logo.sys that i made and move io sys and replace it. do you think that will work?

If you tuped in 'Windows 98 Startup Screen' or 'Windows 98 Boot Screen' you would get multiple search findings telling you how to change it.

yea, a search. okay. i did a search but it didnt return anything. i guess i was using the wrong terms or something. any ways, i found a proggie to do it its called logoswapper. workd great. thanks for your help tho
:grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back