Static from speakers; lappy hangs during boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

chessonly

Hey
Major problem here. toshiba a135-s2276

Static noise started coming from the speakers when I was running my PC normally. The lappy felt really hot, and I wondered if that would have anything to do with it, so I hibernated.

It is really really humid where I live these days, and it also happens to be a dusty city(perfect!)

I booted, and the static was still there, worse now the PC hangs randomly . It hangs at any place, bios, vista's bootloader, when the xp 'wecome screen' comes etc.
Mouse and keyboard seem almost unresposive. Although the mouse did respond after a minute of stroking the touchpad, and the keyboard works normally in the bios for 10-15 seconds.
Maybe the PC hangs after I touch any of these 2??

After a few more tries the PC still hangs here and there, twice it reached the welcome screen, I was able to hibernate it as well.

Things I tried-
1.I let it rest for 7 hours without battery
2.booted without battery
3. tried a usb mouse
4.opened a few covers(ram, hardisk, dusted a lil)
5. Headphones also give out static noise
6. reset bios.

Nothing works! HELP!!!

you have to dissasembly your laptop completely and clear heatsink. after this check the normal booting of your laptop. the reason of static noise can be: codec overheating, amplfier overheating or faulty.

Thanks a tonne for replying.
clear heatsink
you mean clean?

As it happens, I have disassembled this laptop a couple of months ago(another long story), so I should be able to disassemble it again.
I'll wait for a any more answers before I go for it.

btw what exacty is codec and amplifier? and what happens if one is faulty..

yes, i mean clean it from dust.
codec and amplifier is two chips located on the MB. actually, main part of sound system located in southbridge,and the codec just play role of DAC. and the amplifier is using to amplify sound signals, switch between headphones and speakers and processing the analog part of microphone sound recording etc.

OK its almost disassembled, but ..
I have no idea where the heatsink, codec,,amplifier or anything is.

The mobo is still attached to the base of the laptop(do I need to remove that as well?).
and shoud the heatsink be attached to the cpu?
It looks similar to this,
Whats that metal box in the pic btw?

From Some seriously pissed off toshiba users
I completely disassembled my A75-S209 and physically remove all the aluminum grounding strips from both speaker covers and the touchpad. I am happy to report that it has been over 2 months and I have not had any sort of freeze or lockup.
Which aluminium strips is he talking about??

UPDATE: Just disassembled it all. Mobo in my hands
Heatsink is clean, PC still boots (I even logged in to my username), but still hangs randomly.
Observed that the fan stops spinning after 8-10 seconds .

I have no idea what to try next. PLease suggest something.
Thanks

Attachments

• Toshiba-Satellite-A105-23.jpg
    Toshiba-Satellite-A105-23.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 6
chessonly, now, when you dissasemblied it, look near sound jacks for two chips. Codec may be from avance logic(marking ALC****,or RTL****). the amplifier,looks like, should be max9750. i have to try to replace those two chips. but, i suspect, i won't helps to solve hang problem. this MB is ROHS compliant, so it can be come BGA soldering defects.

FIXED!!

I just took the mobo in my hand, tenderly touched and caressed it all over and it suddenly started working :) :D

but but
I am feeling paranoid right now. I expect it to blow any moment. i feel like keeping my eletrically conductive body away from it, close it every 10 minutes for. clean my room like a n obseesed housewife.
I must know y this thing happened in the first place..

Possible causes-
1.ipod - this stupid ipod has already murdered one of my usb ports. Its a defective piece that gives a 'usb device not recognized' error. My lappy got hanged a few times as well.
Someone mentioned that charging devices from usb isn't a good idea atall.
2.moisture,heat. I don't think it was the moisture, coz I faintly remember getting the static earlier as well(restart fixed it)
ne ideas?

Hi again,
the static is back :( :cry:

Thankfully all it does is shut down any sound from the PC. It still boots and runs normally.
Observations-
1.static occurs during bios as well, so it can't be a windows/driver problem.
2. keeping the laptop shut(hibernate/standby) fixes the static temporarily. The longer The pc stays shut,
3.Temperature during the problem- hdd-41 core0/1 - 47, though the the touchpad was HOT!
5.static in headphones as well
6. Lke the last time , mouse and keyboard stop responding, though this it happens for a few seconds only.

Help! I have no desire to disassemble this thing again.

Edit:
7. once the static comes and the sound goes kaput, winamp keeps running(the seek bar keeps moving forward like nothing has happened), but now if I restart winamp(or run any other media player), it simply hangs when amp3 is played..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back