Stealth S60 Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitty90

Alright I know that this is an old video card but it will act as a stand in until I get a much better one. Anyway, I'm building a PC from scratch and it has an ABIT NF8-V motherboard w/ a AMD Sempron64 2800+, 80GB HD as well with a slave 20GB Seagate for the OS. The OS will be WinXP but it's not on because the directions say to Istall the driver before iserting the card into the PCI slot. How do I do this w/ a motherboard w/o onboard video or another sourve of graphics? I'd also like to know how to RAID my two HDs so the 20GB hold the OS and the 80 is storage please. Any is greatly appreciated. :eek:

I forgot to ask if i can use my TV screen as the monitor w/ the video out feature. THANX

just install windows normally. after installation, if windows doesn't automatically install the card's drivers, you'll need to install them yourself. said drivers are available from your manufacturer via internet.

if your goal is to have a 20GB OS drive and an 80GB storage drive, you need not have a raid setup. i hope you don't plan on installing alot of apps because a 20GB drive running winXP can get filled up real quick.

i noticed you said the slave drive was the system drive. this is unusual and unnessesary (the OS drive is usually the first/master), but can be done nonetheless with windows XP.

I now have Linux because I get a session_3.failure (something along that line) is this because my processor is 64-bit and the OS is 32-bit or is there a way to bypass it?

That's SuSE 9.1 Personal by the way but now that Novell released 9.3 Pro for free download I may just get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back