Steam Beta 2.0 out - Downloads via Steam to include CS1.6 & TFC.Admission suspended!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arris

From www.counter-strike-net :
Steam Beta 2.0 Starts -- Thursday, January 16, 2003
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam Beta 2.0 begins today at 3 pm Pacific. The beta is open to the public, anyone can join by downloading and running the 4MB install applet.

For the first few days, this beta will include the coming versions of
Counter-Strike (1.6) and Team Fortress Classic. Further updates to these games, as well as additional content, will be made available to participants throughout the beta.

Steam is a broadband platform for the delivery and management of digital content. More information on Steam and this beta can be found at www.steampowered.com.

The newest version of Counter-Strike (1.6) introduces new weapons (riot shield, FAMAS) a new map (de_airstrip), and more. Take a look at Rizzuh's preview here for new info and changes.
-- cliffe

Steam Beta 2.0 Admission Suspended -- Thursday, January 16, 2003
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Counter-Strike and Team Fortress communities have maxed out the Steam 2.0 beta servers, resulting in the temporarily suspension of admission to the beta as more content servers are put online. The current Steam content servers offer over 500 megabits of bandwidth, all of which the community is consuming right now.

Anyone interested in hosting a Steam content server should email
biz@steampowered.com. (Content server requirements can be found at www.steampowered.com.)

Those who have already joined the beta are encouraged to continue their participation and submit their feedback.
-- cliffe

Well at least this Steam beta release only caused the steam servers to halt and not the entire internet as usually happens when new Counter-Strike versions are released ;)

how do i use this steam beta 2.0?

i just finish downloading this Steam BETA 2.0. I have no clue on how to use it. After i had turned it on and it begins to say "determining current published version numbers, after wards is says: ERROR: cannot connect to any GeneralDirectoryDervers." anyone noe y this is happening? also when i had gotten the normal steam it lagged me to 600 any explainations on this problem? i heard that the beta didn't lagg this one player so i got my self one plz help me out here....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back