Steam Valve Hammer Editor, Setting Origin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I am new to using the Valve Hammer Editor. I have a large game map already developed (by someone else) but what I wish to do is set the origin as somewhere new. I.e. the origin is currently somewhere in the center of the map, and I want it to be set close to the bottom left. I want to do this pretty accurately, so I was wondering if there is a way to simply select a point and say that it is the new origin?

Thanks,

Kris.

Ok...

Figured out how to do that, and it is pretty easy really. So, next thing...and this is a little tougher. Half Life two produces output messages, like game events etc. e.g.

CEmptyServerPlugin::FireGameEvent: Got event message
<msg><users><user><id>Kris</id><location><x>898.563599</x><y>1854.756226</y><z>0.031250</z></location></user></users><event><none/></event><time>787.604980</time></msg>

Now, I know it is possible to edit this output messages. I have been looking at the following: developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/IGameEventManager

But I am wondering is there someway of specifying the types of messages that appear in the console using the map files?

Thanks,

Kris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back