Still looking for graphics card help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2ndasscheek

i just bought an nvidia 6800 and i cant get it to install. I've disabled the onboard removed all drivers and everything. But when i try to put the card in the screen either stays black or windows will sometimes load as soon as i try to install the drivers the comp will lock up or the monitor will go black! Any help would be apricated.

im running on an
AthlonXP 2800+@2.13Ghz
Fic AM35 mobo
512mb Corsair ram
apg 8x
pheonix award bios v6.00pg

what brand, model, and wattage power supply are you using?
if it's not a power issue, try booting windows in safe mode (press F8 as soon as the boot loader comes on) and uninstalling your old card first.

Push your graphics card into the slot firmly to make sure it is installed all the way, just in case.

its ana apollo

its a normal 6800 hundered and i got an 500watt antec and trust me its in the slot right. I'm gonna return it most likely a dud.

Many higher end graphics cards require a separate connection to the power supply. Does yours and is it plugged in?

running a graphics card without the supplemental power attached is likely to damage the card

Power cable 4 video cards

Zephead just thought I've mention that when I got my radeon x850 xt I had the same problem and when I did research I found out that the video card needed a power cable going 2 my power supply. Just thought I would mention this.... :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back