Still Looking for Help with Monitor Diagnosis

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1ck1p

Posting this again, since I don't know how to make it show up near the top again and I haven't gotten a response and really need one. :confused:

Back story:

My system is up and running all day long. My monitor goes to screen saver after about 10 minutes. Nothing drastic, just a standard windows screen saver. At night before going to bed, I turn the monitor and speakers off but the system itself is still on.

Okay present time again:

The last three nights I have noticed that when I turn the monitor off, I can't get it to come back on again. I normally don't have to turn it back on, but once in a while, I need to check something out and I bring it back up.

The power button lights up like it is getting power, but there is nothing on the screen. Not even a "no signal" message. The monitor itself doesn't feel hot like it is overheating.

In the morning, I can turn it on with no problems and I haven't tested it during the day because I really need it to be up and running...

Monitor is a 17 inch Sylvania F70 that I have had for a while (7-8 years). Seems to work fine otherwise.

Please note:

I changed out my video card last week. Don't think this would be related but thought I would mention it. Video card seems to be working fine as well.

So, does this sound like my monitor is just getting ready to die on me, or could it be something else? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

I`m not quite sure what your problem is,but that doesn`t normally stop me.Try going to the Power Options control panel(right click desktop/properties/screensaver/Power) and checking that the monitor is not set to be turned off after a certain time.FYI I never turn my monitor off,I just put the pc in standby or hibernate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back