Not open for further replies.

Shoupie080

Ok just to recap my system:

P4 3.0
S-ATA
1 GB of DDR RAM.
600 watt 12V ATX BFG PSU
ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512 memory 625 clock speed PCI-E

I am extremely careful about spyware, adware, and viruses. I have nothing running that isn't important. My computer is moded so that it now has 7 fans and all my wires and cables are hidden to allow airflow. The computer sits in an air conditioned room that stays at 69 degrees. When I first bought the pc I had an ATI x700 pci-E and got like 145 fps now with this monster card I get 35-100 jumpy fps in CS:source. I cant figure out why this is happening. With my specs I shouldn't be getting such bad jumpy fps. My motherboard is the only stock thing in my pc so i'm wondering if that could be a bottleneck but my friend has a ****ty mobo as well and gets good fps.

help please

What about ur PSU? How many amps does it have on the +12V rails and how many rails does it have? Also, CS: Source would need a better processor if ur running it with all details maxed out(AA and AF maxed too) since it would bottleneck quite a bit.

-Update drivers
-Adjust pagefile size maybe?
-Maybe think about defragging/formatting or using the defrag tool included with steam to get your textures where they should be on the HD.

Yeh I have the most recent drivers from ATI...also my page file is adjusted as well...I defrag my hd on a weekly basis...I didn't know that steam had its own defrag tool..where is that located and how do i use it?

thanks again

Don't bother about that it probably does the same thing as the Windows Defrag utility. One more thing, have u patched the game to the latest version?

By patched do you mean let it update itself automatically....then yes its "100%" ready....ummm here's a question:

does playing against bots created by yourself make it run slower? Because i'm temporarily on dial up at home now so the only time i can play is against bots...would that effect my fps at all?

Yes it definitely would. I have 2 of those cards in Crossfire mode and when I add around 11-13 bots, it gives the same jumpy FPS problem. Try lowering the no. of bots to see if it solves the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back