Still unable to get password FOR PHOENIX BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI FOLKS, I HAVE PROBLEM THAT AS OF YET I AM UNABLE TO SOLVE. I AM UNABLE TO GET IN TO THE SETUP MODE ON MY CLEVO LAPTOP TO ENABLE ME TO FORMAT THE DRIVE AND REINSTALL WINDOWS XP PRO. I PRESS F2 IT THEN GOES INTO THE BIOS SETUP UTILITY, AND TELLS ME TO ENTER THE PASSWORD, THAT I DO NOT KNOW, IS THERE ANY WAY TO DISABLE THIS PASSWORD SO I CAN GET IN TO SETUP MODE. I WANT TO UNINSTALL WINDOWS XP, AND THEN REINSTALL. I HAVE 2 DRIVES ON MY LAPTOP,D WHICH HAS 2GB AND C WHICH HAS 25 GB, I HAVE HAD A LOT OF FEEDBACK BUIT ALAS TO NO AVAIL, THE BIOS SETUP SAYS PHOENIX, I HAVE TRIED THE GENERIC PASSWORDS BUT THEY DON'T WORK, ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED

thanks moosep856

Welcome to techspot...

Look in your mainboard manual for instructions on how to "clear cmos" or similar. Basically, it's a little jumper on the mainboard that erases the BIOS settings (which is where the password is stored).

Once you've done that, enter the bious, and load failsafe defaults if you don't know how to set it up as you'd otherwise want it, and proceed to only change the things you understand, or that are related to any problem you are having (and it helps if you understand those!)

Lastly, just a bit of kind advice, but please don't continue to post all in caps (uppercase). Apart from looking untidy, many consider it to be equivelant to shouting, and so it's considered impolite (just simple nettiquette).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back