Stop 0x00000050 after Flash 9 upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - my dell desktop began behaving badly around xmas with increasing blue screen frequency and anything having to do with internet access went out entirely.

the things in the back of my head were a McAfee uninstall that was sloppy, but no other major changes. the computer had run with the same hardware perfectly for 6+ months.

So, I eventually did a restore install of XP and that fixed the blue screen. then got the ethernet to work again (though I still haven't switched back on the on-board ethernet and am using a USB adapter).

BUT... now I'm back to blue screen, usually within the first 5 minutes of operation, sometimes not for an hour. This started happening right after upgrading to Flash 9. I guess the restore install replaced the flash version? Anyway - the timing was very suspicious. As it turns out, right around the end of December last year, I installed a program that required Flash 9 as well. So I'm wondering if that could be the culprit?

I'm getting:
Stop 0x00000050 with (0xE2FAC000, 0X00000000, 0X803A99F, 0X00000001)

and then a stop on 0x0000008E

Any thoughts? Is the Flash 9 theory crazy?

Are you checking for spyware? I recommend the folllwing 3 anti-spy utils:

• Ad-Aware 2007
  • Spybot Search & Destroy
  • AVG Anti-Spyware

All are availble free over the Internet. Just do a Google on the name plus the word "download" and it'll return the download site.

Hi - thanks. I ran spybot S&D while in safe mode and there were a number of items that deleted. Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same problem.

Some additional information:
1. Safe mode works fine.
2. when I start up normally, if I get through the first 2-3 minutes, it is very unlikely that I'll get the BSOD thereafter.
3. I just restarted after a cleanup in safe mode, and Spybot S&D wasn't able to complete the deletion of a file called "Win32.Agent.pz".
4. I ran a program to check for the Rustock.B problem detailed here: http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50966

Any additional ideas? Thanks so much for your help. This is the deepest dive I've ever made into a problem like this...

I think you meant to say you ran a repair installation which is what I would have done next. If not, try that.

Hi - my dell desktop began behaving badly around xmas with increasing blue screen frequency and anything having to do with internet access went out entirely.

the things in the back of my head were a McAfee uninstall that was sloppy, but no other major changes. the computer had run with the same hardware perfectly for 6+ months.

So, I eventually did a restore install of XP and that fixed the blue screen. then got the ethernet to work again (though I still haven't switched back on the on-board ethernet and am using a USB adapter).

BUT... now I'm back to blue screen, usually within the first 5 minutes of operation, sometimes not for an hour. This started happening right after upgrading to Flash 9. I guess the restore install replaced the flash version? Anyway - the timing was very suspicious. As it turns out, right around the end of December last year, I installed a program that required Flash 9 as well. So I'm wondering if that could be the culprit?

I'm getting:
Stop 0x00000050 with (0xE2FAC000, 0X00000000, 0X803A99F, 0X00000001)

and then a stop on 0x0000008E

Any thoughts? Is the Flash 9 theory crazy?
Hi Byronb
I came across this looking for a solution to the same problem. I often got the BSOD and on investigation it seemed to be an issue with Flash player v.9. I uninstalled Flash Player using the uninstall file on Adobe's website, but had issues when I tried to reinstall and this still did not solve the problem, so I ended up downloading the SubInACL command line tool from Microsoft along with an Adobe file called reset_minimal.zip
Running both of these essentially cleans out your registry, relating to Flash. In my case this seemed to solve all my BSOD problems and so far (several days later) I have not had a single crash. Full instructions for downloading and running these tools can be found in the Adobe support centre under the title of "Download SubINACL from Microsoft to fix permission issues that prevent the Flash Player installation". I would add a link, but this is my first post on this site. If you are still having issues, I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back