STOP: 0x0000007E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody, I'm experiencing a "STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005 etc. problem. My system was new in April (running Vista Premium Home Edition) and has operated pretty well..........till yesterday. I was playing music from the computer, went outside to talk with a friend, came back in and the system was rebooting. And that's all it has done since then.

I can't boot into safe mode, nor can I boot from the Vista cd...any suggestions? I have a nagging fear that the drive with the operating system on it may have filled. Could that cause this sort of problem? Please, any assistance would be appreciated. I am currently having to use my old computer to try to find the problem with my new one!!!

I have moved your post to it`s own thread. this will save any confusion.

Go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps you to identify the culprit.

Test ram/Hard drive etc and see if that helps.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks for the advice howard_hopkinso and mickzer. I'm a bit stuck as that my box is still under warranty and I don't want to void it by cracking the case open. I understand that it looks more certain that i will have to though! In regards to mickzer's link, I can't even get my system to boot far enough to make any changes....thanks anyway...

I understand your reluctance to open the case and risk voiding the warranty.

Instead of doing that, post 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps for analysis.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back